[mythtv-users] My pvr-250 thinks it's a radio??

Andy mythtv at gzo.dk
Fri Apr 14 17:09:07 UTC 2006

I really appreciate the response, guys.

On Friday 14 April 2006 18:52, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> OK, read the README.radio in the ivtv source distribution.  Among other
> important things, it says:
>
> The tuner in the PVR-350 has to be switched from TV to FM mode, which means
> that it is not possible to listen to the radio and watch TV at the same
> time.
> So, when you open the /dev/radio0 device the tuner is switched to FM mode,
> and after closing it it goes back to TV mode. You can open the radio device
> only once, the second time it will return EBUSY (just like the bttv
> driver). The last selected TV and radio frequencies are remembered and
> restored when closing/opening the radio device.
>
> So, it looks like something is opening the radio device (try "fuser
> /dev/radio0") and not closing it.  You could try just playing the radio
> as described in the README, and see if it goes back to TV mode after.

It looks very connected... What i still fail to understand is, that the
information applies to the 350, but i'm running 250's and they don't have
radio-tuners to my knowledge...

Furthermore I have no radio devices in /dev as far as i can tell.

> > Is it possible to initialize the cards to certain values on boot? (Freq,
> > ect)
>
> Looks like the frequency isn't important as it remembers both the radio
> and TV freqs separately.

Yes. Looks that way. Right now, i am trying to figure out a way to switch to
tv-mode so it can start remembering correctly.

I still can't find any trace of a switch in ivtvctl or elsewhere...

Regards...