[mythtv-users] Thoughts on a Direct DVD Burning Feature

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Fri Apr 14 16:56:44 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, Niels Dybdahl <Niels at dybdahl.dk> wrote:
> On 4/14/06, Brad Benson <bbenso1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  While YOUR Myth system may not be able to burn DVD's some Myth systems can.
> >  You just have to take the time to install and configure MythBurn.  That
> > said, I'm currently struggling with trying to get MythBurn installed and
> > working on my system.  No, it's not trivial.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I managed to make MythBurn work on my system,
> which is a standard Jarod Wilson/atrpms/Fedora Core installation. I
> updated the wiki on
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythBurnInstallation, so that
> others with Fedora Core should be able of doing the same. As far as I
> know KnoppMyth is born with MythBurn today.

BTW last time I recorded a 90 minutes show on a DVD, MythBurn used
around 30 minutes (1.8 GHz CPU), the burning was done at 4x speed
(around 4 GB at around 5 MB/s which is around 13 minutes). So MythBurn
can do it faster than "real time".
If you need to recompress the recording to a smaller size, then you
have to add around 30 minutes. Still faster than "real time".

Niels Dybdahl