[mythtv-users] My pvr-250 thinks it's a radio??

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 14 16:52:40 UTC 2006

On 04/14/2006 12:38 PM, Andy wrote:
> On Friday 14 April 2006 18:20, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Notice that the frequency is in the radio range...  What if you just
>> "change the channel" to a TV channel?
>>
> I've seen it. But I can't make anything useful out of it.

> I have tried for days to see, if there is some parameter that is set different
> on the cards, but i can't seem to find any.

OK, read the README.radio in the ivtv source distribution.  Among other
important things, it says:

The tuner in the PVR-350 has to be switched from TV to FM mode, which means
that it is not possible to listen to the radio and watch TV at the same
time.
So, when you open the /dev/radio0 device the tuner is switched to FM mode,
and after closing it it goes back to TV mode. You can open the radio device
only once, the second time it will return EBUSY (just like the bttv driver).
The last selected TV and radio frequencies are remembered and restored when
closing/opening the radio device.

So, it looks like something is opening the radio device (try "fuser
/dev/radio0") and not closing it.  You could try just playing the radio
as described in the README, and see if it goes back to TV mode after.

>> Also, try the full reset  (complete power down for a couple of minutes)
>> I mentioned.
>>
> I have tried it with no success..

Yeah.  I saw your other post just after sending.

> Is it possible to initialize the cards to certain values on boot? (Freq, ect)

Looks like the frequency isn't important as it remembers both the radio
and TV freqs separately.

Mike