[mythtv-users] I Strayed! Now I want to come back, but with caveats

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Fri Apr 14 16:19:58 UTC 2006

I have found the DVDDecrypter utility helpful.  It will make an ISO
file of the entire DVD.  They were shut down by the RIAA but you can
still find copies on the web.  Remember to disable the phone home for
updates feature.

You can play DVD ISOs on Linux with:

xine 'dvd://path/to/file.iso'

or

xine dvd://"path with spaces/to/file.iso"

There are probably other approaches and better integration to myth -
I am sure you can come up with one for mplayer.  It is left as an
exercise to the user.

Hope it helps.

-- Mache