[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Apr 14 14:45:36 UTC 2006

On Apr 14, 2006, at 7:37 AM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> Yeah, if you have agpgart loaded and use NVAGP=1, then you're
> basically
> disabling AGP
> functionality, so you'll lose bandwidth. NVAGP=1 is only good for 6200
> series cards with
> the pre 8756 driver, AFAIK.

Also be aware that if you are using IOMMU that seems to require
AGPGART, so in order to use the NVIDIA AGP driver you need to remove
IOMMU from your kernel as well.

NVAGP=1 does seem to work with a 6200 and 8756 however, at least
according to:

/proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status

Your X server log should tell you what happened when it started as well.

This is on a Gentoo machine that's not running Myth BTW, I'm trying
to troubleshoot X Server lockups (so far unsuccessfully).