[mythtv-users] VIA MII 1000 and PVR 150

Pavol Droba droba at topmail.sk
Fri Apr 14 14:41:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 05:30:31PM +0300, Tero Tilus wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Wander Winkelhorst wrote:
> > Oh, about that annoying little whiner of a CPU cooler that is
> > included: I heard you can replace it with a coolermaster blue ice 2,
> > I have one in order
>
> Tell me how it went.  I'm planning to go EPIA-way myself and this is
> an interesting issue.  What it takes to make 1,3 GHz SP silent.

I have bought SP13000 myself. After some searching I have replaced the
fun with this one:
http://www.silenx.com/fan_pro_13.asp

If not silent, but it is much quieter then the original one. Now the most noise comes
from HDD.

There are also some expriments with totaly passive cooling using big chipset/vga heasink,
but I'm not adventurous enough to try it.

Regards,
Pavol