[mythtv-users] Video-in support for DVICO HDTV DVB-T cards

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Apr 14 13:25:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 22:57 +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:16 am, Heather and Aaron wrote:
> > I'm contemplating getting one of the DVICO cards for my new (first ever)
> > mythtv system, and I want to have video-in functionality.

> You may need to load the Linux kernel module.  'cx8800'
>
> Go into 'mythtv-setup' and add another '2. Capture cards' -> '(New capture
> card)' -> 'Standard V4L capture card' and select the right 'Video device'.  I
> couldn't get the audio connectors on the DVB-T card to work, so I connected
> directly to the sound card.

If you do this and also add the card as a DVB card, MythTV will consider
the cards as two separate cards and will schedule concurrent recordings
on both cards. I don't believe this will work as the DVB and analog
parts of the card probably don't function independently. MythTV in SVN
can handle this properly, but may need some small modification to allow
you to configure this particular card in mythtv-setup.

Currently MythTV in SVN head will allow you to configure the analog
portion of a DVB card if it is an ATSC card from either pcHDTV or DVICO.
The code that enables this is on line 2073 of videosource.cpp, in order
to enable this for testing for DVB-T you need to add this line:
     buttonAnalog->setVisible(true);
on line 2063. This will add an 'Analog Options' button to the DVB card
config, where you can configure the analog portion of the card. If this
works please open a ticket with the output of "mythbackend -v channel"
from making a short recording on each input and assign the ticket to
'danielk'. I will then add this card to the list of DVB cards with
analog parts so others will not have to jump through these hoops.

-- Daniel