[mythtv-users] SQL for Myth

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Apr 13 22:42:39 UTC 2006

Edward M. Brown wrote:
> Here is what I ended up with in Custom Search:
>
> Aditional tables: , people, credits, keyword
>
> people.name = keyword.phrase
> AND credits.person = people.person
> AND program.chanid = credits.chanid
> AND program.starttime = credits.starttime

Looks good.

keyword.searchtype = 4
AND people.name = keyword.phrase
AND credits.person = people.person
AND program.chanid = credits.chanid
AND program.starttime = credits.starttime

May be more efficient as it will only look for the People search
phrases. I have some Keywords for names that may appear in subtitle
or descriptions that could be false positives.

FYI, the People Search uses people.name LIKE keyword.phrase so
you can do things like "% Bogart" (Dirk or Humphrey), "Quen% Tar%"
(try %Madonna to see an odd bug) but these are very slow compared
to exact strings so it is best that you use "=" for your rule.

--  bjm