No subject

Thu Apr 13 08:45:21 UTC 2006

His name appears in the upper right corner and lists each showing
of his movies. I press "2" to show one item for each title sorted
alphabetically. As long as I stay on the page, it will remember this
sort order as I change views. I press the End key to switch to a
list of "Bill Murray" titles, End again for David Lynch, and so on.
I can check a couple dozen names in seconds.

If you spot a title that you may want to record you could press the
UPCOMING key ("O" by default) to list the showings for that one title.
Press ESC to return to the previous list.

Your SQL example is odd in that it is all FROM clauses with no WHERE
clause. You could put the JOINs in the Additional Tables field but
the custom page (and possibly the proglist and scheduler) would need
an inert WHERE clause like " 1 " (WHERE 1 AND ...) in order to work.
The syntax for JOINs is tricky and even trickier for MySQL 5.x .

However, I think the People page and view keys seems like what you are
looking for anyway. As Kevin said, if there is an actor or actors that
you are more interested in, you can press "M" from the people page
for the popup, "M" again then click "Record". In the Scheduling Options
section, set the rule to inactive. These will show up in your schedule
but won't record unless you click "Record anyway".

Also, if I wanted to add an active new All rule for "Robert De Niro",
it might record four or five movies per week until most of them
were recorded. Instead, I like to set the rule to "Record one
showing of this title every week". This will select one random
Robert De Niro movie this week and not record another until next week.
Once a title has recorded, future showings will be marked Previously
Recorded so I'd get a different Robert De Niro movie each week. These
rules can be set to low priority so they will pick showings that don't
interfere with your regularly scheduled shows.

--  bjm