[mythtv-users] Playing XVids off a CD

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Apr 13 20:11:36 UTC 2006

On 13-Apr-06, at 10:35 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:

> I have some video in XVid format and want to play it on my MythTV box.
> When you insert a DVD it pulls up the DVD menu and off you go. But
> when you insert a disk with this type of video on it I can't find a
> way of playing it without going to the command prompt and typing in a
> mplayer command.

I haven't tried this but code in the middle of VideoList::buildFsysList
implies that mythvideo will do what you want. You have to have myth set
to monitor media devices and mythvideo set to browse mode to get that
particular bit of code to run. Presumably you'd have to have
automounting active but if it works with regular DVDs then I assume
you've got that part working OK.

- George