[mythtv-users] OT? Hardware Differences

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 13 19:42:26 UTC 2006

On Thursday 13 April 2006 20:21, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Stephen Boddy wrote:
> > On Thursday 13 April 2006 19:32, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> >
> > I've just used the YaST one and it works fine. The only wrinkle is that
> > you should have a permanent connection apparently, which probably isn't
> > always the case with a laptop. There are commandline tools that come with
> > the xntp package that allow you to run a command to sync. It would be
> > fairly simple to put together a little script to check for reachable ntp
> > server, then run that sync command.
>
> I'm running Fedora Core 4 on this puppy and need an actual name of an
> actual client to try installing with yum or smart...And those I have
> tried to download and install have failed for various reasons. generally
> failure to compile due to interal coding errors.

Um... ntp/xntp

<http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1953103/com/ntp-4.2.0.a.20040617-8.i386.rpm.html>

It's a part of fedora core I think, so you should be able to get it through
red carpet or whatever it's called.

Install, configure, and forget. All you'll (perhaps) have to do is point it at
an ntp server.

In YaST it gives you selections etc. Fedora might be different though.

Check out <http://www.pool.ntp.org/> if you need to configure manually.

> > Ahhhhh... Thank goodness. I was about to start testing all the light
> > switches 50 times.
>
> You like it when I scratch where it itches?
> I'll send you an invoice in the morning!

An attractive woman saying that is one thing. Right now I'm just scared... O_O

--
Steve Boddy