[mythtv-users] lirc and lirc_mceusb2 and irw

Osmo Paananen osmop-myth at ipi.fi
Thu Apr 13 16:26:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 10:04 -0400, Robert Daniel Firu wrote:
> Hi I've setup my mythtv box and it works very nicely... however I
> can't get lirc to work with my mce remote.  This is the remote that is
> bundled with pvr-150MCE from best buy.

How do you connect the remote to the PC? Via the tuner card? What device
is lircd listening?

I had trouble connecting the remote control that came with Twinhan alpha
DTV usb card.  I didn't have any other IR receiver than the one with the
tuner.

I couldn't make it work via lirc, but all keys were visible
via /dev/input/event2 interface (easy to test: cat /dev/input/event2 and
press one key from the remote and you should see some garbage on your
screen).

Lirc has options which enable it to be used with /dev/input/event*
interface, but I didn't get it work. The key events on remote controller
are not registered by irw.

Anyway, if your remote control setup is similar (visible
via /dev/input/event*), you might want to check out software called
evrouter.

http://www.bedroomlan.org/~alexios/coding_evrouter.html