[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

itsmebcc itsmebcc at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 15:50:25 UTC 2006

>well, I rebuilt mythfrontend enabled XvMC and OpenGL (and applied a
>patch I need to test...)

>Well, XvMC works, beautifully. Xorg uses no CPU now, Mythfrontend uses
>~10% less than before. Overall nice. The OSD is black and white, and I
>get a lot of stuttering when they display, but this is way beyond what
>I was able to do before. It works for both 1080i and 720p which is
>nice. OpenGL seems to just cause problems with or without XvMC, so
>I've disabled it.

>Anyone have an idea of how to "solve" the OSD stutter when XvMC is enabled?

Enable ChromaKeyOSD.  It is already in the fixes branch, all you have to do
to enable it is add this into mysql.

INSERT INTO settings (`value`,`data`,`hostname`) VALUES
("UseChromaKeyOSD","1","your_host_name")

You will want to change your_host_name to your actual hostname obviously.
But I Have very good results when the chromakeyosd is enabled.  Not only
does my screen not flicker, but the osd is in color.