[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 15:02:48 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 4/13/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
>
>> Tom Lichti wrote:

>>> To get XvMC and OpenGL sync to work together on my system I had to
>>> DISable 'Sync to VBlank' in nvidia-settings, then enable OpenGL sync in
>>> MythFE, and now I have working XvMC, OpenGL sync, low(ish) CPU usage,
>>> and no stutters. This is with all SD material, but I have a DVB card to
>>> get working on now... :)
>>>

>> I use XvMC, OpenGL Vsync, and 1080i. No problems so long as I leave Bob off.
>>

> great, I'll have to turn off "Sync to VBlank" and test. Without OpenGL
> Vsync I have to have Bob on for 1080i content, I'll have to see which
> works out better. (ie least CPU usage).
>
> Jesse, have you noticed XvMC stuttering during the OSD for HD content?

I had stutter with the OSD in HD in v18 of atrpms when XvMC was turned
on. When I went to v19 it went away. I have no idea why.
I have the latest v19/atrpms and it's fine. There have been several
threads in the past months about stuttering, but I'm sure you've seen
them all.
The problem is that everybody's "magical" setting is different: some
turn on OpenGL, some turn it off. Some turn on Sync to Vblank in the
OpenGl setting, some have it off. ... etc.  I've changed everything so
many times, I don't remember what I did!

One way that I reduced the OSD stutter was to reduce the OSD to small.
That helped, but of course didn't get rid of the problem.