[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Apr 13 14:59:37 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 4/13/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
>
>> Tom Lichti wrote:

>>> To get XvMC and OpenGL sync to work together on my system I had to
>>> DISable 'Sync to VBlank' in nvidia-settings, then enable OpenGL sync in
>>> MythFE, and now I have working XvMC, OpenGL sync, low(ish) CPU usage,
>>> and no stutters. This is with all SD material, but I have a DVB card to
>>> get working on now... :)
>>>

>> I use XvMC, OpenGL Vsync, and 1080i. No problems so long as I leave Bob off.
>>

> great, I'll have to turn off "Sync to VBlank" and test. Without OpenGL
> Vsync I have to have Bob on for 1080i content, I'll have to see which
> works out better. (ie least CPU usage).
>
> Jesse, have you noticed XvMC stuttering during the OSD for HD content?
> I've also noticed that with 720p if I pause and resume the playback
> pauses after the OSD fades out unless I force it to dissapear, and
> even then sometimes...

Yes, I remember the stutter with 720p for me. I think 1080i doesn't have
the problem, but I can't
remember. SD doesn't stutter for me at all.

BTW, I don't do anything fancy like change my resolution per content
type. Everything I play
back is via DVI 1360x768 at 60hz using XvMC software/hardware scaling.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net