[mythtv-users] Playing XVids off a CD

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 14:35:42 UTC 2006

I have some video in XVid format and want to play it on my MythTV box.
When you insert a DVD it pulls up the DVD menu and off you go. But
when you insert a disk with this type of video on it I can't find a
way of playing it without going to the command prompt and typing in a
mplayer command.

Surely there's an easier way to start the video playing from within
Myth? As if you were playing a music CD or something?

Sorry if it's painfully obvious, but I just can't see it.

Regards,
Phill