[mythtv-users] mythburn addition - iso organization

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Thu Apr 13 03:36:12 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/12/2006 08:47 PM, William wrote:
>
>>> I was thinking as I was obsessively creating a great many dvd
>>> images with mythburn....
>>>
>>> Why not have the script rename the completed iso to something
>>> identifiable and move it out of the temp directory? It could
>>> either come up with a filename from the recording or have the
>>> user type one in on the mythburn form, and it would just move
>>> the completed dvd to a new dir.
>>>
>> My suggestion is that the script move/rename the iso and place it in the
>> mythvideo folder, possibly with its own subfolder. Once there its easy to
>> add it to the myth video database which automatically adds it to the list of
>> available videos. That would be a nice feature.
>>

> Move a 4.7GB image from one directory to another--which may be on a
> completely different filesystem, possibly even remote?  Sounds dangerous
> or slow or something.  :)

Slow, yes. Dangerous, no. I do this all the time because my main media
server is not the same machine as my Myth box. The media directories are
NFS mounted on various devices throughout the house, including my Myth
box. After I create a DVD via MythBurn I move it over to the media
server for permanent storage. It takes a while to move, but I've never
had a problem as a result of the size. I'm actually planning on
upgrading to a gigabit network sometime this summer, and that should
speed things up considerably.

Daniel