[mythtv-users] (Non-interlaced) VGA to TV?

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Apr 12 23:35:25 UTC 2006

On Wed Apr 12, 2006 at 11:58:42PM +0100, Stephen Williams wrote:

> If you're in the UK and want to use DVB-T (like me) then there's no
> need to go for a Unichrome based motherboard. Everything you'll be
> doing is SD, there's not going to be any HD over DVB-T in the
> foreseeable future in the UK. You don't need anything more than very
> basic onboard video, i'm using the MX440 built into an nForce2 based
> motherboard.
>
> I'm also using a home wired VGA to SCART converter, once you get it
> working the results are as good as you can get without going to DVI or
> component, certainly more than good enough for SD content.

I didn't think the nVidia cards had a low enough dotclock to output at
TV frequencies?  I'm using an Radeon 9200 to do the same (and have to
force the driver to ignore the reported dotclock to get that working)
with the open-source ATI drivers - no XvMC yet unfortunately though.  As
you say, the results are superb and I even get full res widescreen :)

Cheers,
        Robin
--
     ___