[mythtv-users] Is there a way to make a recording "Read-Only" -- "Protect" it from deletion

Mark Cervarich mythtv at shelfspace.com
Wed Apr 12 20:56:48 UTC 2006

In addition to using MythTV as a PVR, I also use it to save save music
videos, clips from Letterman, SNL, etc.

I have managed to accidentally delete a few clips because after the
clip ends....by force of habit....I hit the up arrow and choose
"Delete this program".  :(

What would be cool is if there was a way to specify that certain shows
should "write-protected" or "read-only".  And to delete the recording
would require you to set it back to "read-write".

Does this exist and I don't know where it is?
Is this on a to-do list?
What are some workarounds that people have come up with?

thanks!

mark