No subject

Wed Apr 12 12:30:22 UTC 2006

should be to run the video signal out the VGA port at 720x576i and into
the RGB SCART connection on my TV.  That would require a little wiring,
but would otherwise work great... except that the Unichrome chipset
doesn't appear to be able to produce an interlaced output on the VGA port
(I've not checked whether they can do the low refresh rate either).

So the alternative is to run the signal out an S-Video port and simply
connect that directly to the other (S-Video) SCART input on my TV.
Also fine, except that the only Unichrome-based motherboards with
S-Video output appear to be in Shuttle-style form factors, or laptops.
I don't think I'm going to be able to stick two DVB-T tuners and a SATA
drive (or two) into one of those cases, at least not without a serious
cooling problem.

So, my question is: assuming that I'd only have access to a VGA output
(albeit at the right resolution - and possibly the right frequency -
for PAL, apart from being progressive rather than interlaced), what's
the best way to turn the signal into something that my TV can use,
short of spending a ridiculous amount of money on a video 'processor'?

Regards,
Malcolm