[mythtv-users] (Non-interlaced) VGA to TV?

Malcolm Rowe malcolm-mythtv-users at farside.org.uk
Wed Apr 12 19:02:24 UTC 2006

Hello all,

This MythTV thing sure looks like fun - so I've spent the last few days
trying to figure out how to build 'my first Mythbox' - a twin DVB-T
tuner combined frontend/backend machine (I'm in the UK, hence the DVB-T).

I've just about worked out what I need to do, with one exception:
I can't work out how to get the video signal to the TV.

On paper, the best choice for the graphics card appears to be a
motherboard with an onboard Unichrome/Unichrome Pro chipset - they have
decent open-source drivers (which in itself is fairly high on my list
of priorities), and these drivers support Xv, XvMC (or enough of it),
and OpenGL too.