[mythtv-users] Are there problems with all VIA motherboards?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Apr 12 16:20:12 UTC 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Dom H wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to build a backend machine for my DVB card on a Chaintech
> board..
> 7AJA2E
> VIA KTE133 + VT82C686B
>

> Will this chipset cause problems?

Don't know.

The IVTV web site makes mention of older VIA chipsets having problems
with DMA, but I didn't see a definition of "older".

Check their site and perhaps their forums and see if you can find any
additional info, that's all I know about it.

I used an AMD64 (Socket 754) motherboard with a Via chipset (K8N8)
and had no problems, though I did have to adjust the PCI latency of
the IDE controllers.