[mythtv-users] mc.sql upgrade for 0.19 fails

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Apr 12 15:26:03 UTC 2006

Dom H wrote:
> Is this line important, any idea why it fails?
>
> On 11/04/06, *Dom H* <speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
> <mailto:speedsix.lists at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I get the same. I just commented out the line.
>
>     On 11/04/06, *RoboJ1M* < jim.neave at googlemail.com
>     <mailto:jim.neave at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I'm trying to upgrade to 0.19.
>
>     when using the mc.sql file to upgrade my database from 0.18, the
>     line that changes the character set fails.
>
>     ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1;
>
>     No useful message just, "Error in line 1".
If it is actually failing in line 1 of mc.sql that is the line which
checks if mythconverg exists, and if not, creates it.
Most likely you have inadvertently edited the file....such as the
beginning of the line reads "f !exists...." or some such typo.

If it is actually the LAST line, as you list, then it is not fatal if
you comment it out. Although that would point to either a typo in the
text, or a misconfiguration in you mysql setup.

Geoff