[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au has issues with ninemsn

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 09:01:52 UTC 2006

> Just curious about the exact procedure that you used given that you
> still would have had some guide info left from NMSN....
>
> Did you clear your guide table in the mythconverge database?
> Did you run mythfilldatabase with any of the --file switches?
>
> Also, is there extra useful information in this alternate source? Like
> top billing actors in movies and sitcoms.... or year of production?

I didn't do anything other than download the file, unzip it, update
the XMLT channel IDs so that they matched what I have in MythTV and
then ran mythfilldatabase on that file.

I haven't noticed any extra info even though I did select the "full"
file which contains more detail. I guess Michael Immir Smith's grabber
gets its data from the same 9MSN source so you wouldn't expect there
to be much difference.

I have attached the script and config files I use which allow me to
choose between different program data sources. If the main source is
down/broken than I can just change 1 line in a shell script and it
will download from another one. This has proven very handy in the last
few months. This version includes supoprt for the "dvbowners" source.

Regards,
Phill