[mythtv-users] Strange...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed Apr 12 04:31:13 UTC 2006

> On 04/11/2006 02:54 PM, clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> > Then, after about an hour, magically, it started working again.
> > There had been no mythfilldatabase, no program recorded, nothing that
> > I can see that would have changed the status of the database.
> >
> > Strange.
> >
> > As I noted once before, things like this make be really hesitant to trust
> > MythTV to record things for me in the long term.  Whatever is happening
> > could happen at any time.  I dont have power failures here, but what if...
> >
> > There just seem to be some loose bits in the machinery...
> >

> Or the configuration...

Well, I sure wouldn't argue with that if I could think of anything in the
configuration were I actually had a choice as to what I entered.  Seems
that there is only one acceptable answer for each question, and things
didnt work till I found the right answer.  What would you suggest that
I could have configured 'wrong' that could cause problems like this?
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com