[mythtv-users] manually remove myth movie entries?

Kurt Yoder ktymyth at yoderhome.com
Tue Apr 11 23:55:11 UTC 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 10:54 PM, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:46:24 -0400
> Kurt Yoder wrote:
>

>> On Apr 8, 2006, at 11:03 PM, Kurt Yoder wrote:
>>
>>> I added a bunch of foreign movies to my myth movies directory. They
>>> had accented characters in their names, so myth movie scanned
>>> them in
>>> using these accented characters. However, now I want to remove these
>>> from the listing, but myth movie doesn't seem to do it. Where is the
>>> existing catalog of scanned movies stored? Is it a mysql table?
>>
>> No response on this. Any ideas?
>>

> it is in the mythtv database (default name mythconverg) in the table
> videometadata

Thanks

> But deleting the files (or moving out of the directory) and rescanning
> should remove them.

Yeah, that normally works. But the weird characters in the filenames
seem to prevent this from happening. I'd already deleted the files.
Every time I rescanned the directory, mythvideo would say it couldn't
find the files and ask to delete them. Now I've manually deleted them
from the database, so this should resolve it.

--

Kurt Yoder
http://yoderhome.com