[mythtv-users] TV Out using S-Video

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Apr 11 21:30:36 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Yalusa Jongihlati
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:00 PM
To: MythTV-Users
Subject: [mythtv-users] TV Out using S-Video

I have an nVidia GeFore FX5600. I have connected the cabble that came with
the card into what I presume is the TV Out slot. It fits in nicely into the
fitting so That is why I assume this. I have then insert an S-Video cable
into one of the four ends of this provided cable (labelled S-VID OUT) and
the other into my TV. I expected to see Myth on my TV but that did not
happen.

Is there something I am meant to do first?

You need to configure your x display system to use the svideo output of your
video card. You should be able to find an example file in the archives of
this list.