[mythtv-users] Still can't get fast forward / rewind working

mikerice1969 at comcast.net mikerice1969 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 11 20:57:29 UTC 2006

>I press FFW or REW and the video starts playing back at 3x the normal
>rate, i haven't tried faster. As I approach my target point in the
>video, I press play. Playback resumes normally, but at the same time
>that I had originally started fast forwarding or rewinding, rather
>than the new time. In effect, the FFW or REW is totally useless.

Do you have the same problem controlling MythTV with the keyboard?  I recently setup a box and was having a lot of problems with various seek operations (FFW/skip ahead).  After some investigation I realized that the problem only happened with the remote.  Sure enough I had a button in my lirc config mapped to two different functions.  So when I hit skip forward it would also turn on FFW.  Oops.  Fixed that and all is working fine now.

May not be your problem but it may help someone else with this type of issue.