[mythtv-users] How to force a transcode?

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Apr 11 20:17:35 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Andy Burns <fedora at adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
> Braindead wrote:
>
> > If you play the recording and press the 'X' key (at least in the default keymappings),
>
> Oh yes, I know that pressing X forces a transcoding, I'm familiar with
> doing that to "finalise" a cutlist.
>
>  > I believe it uses the default transcoding profile, but not sure.
>
> It seems a little odd to have to change the default to low quality, just
> to force one transcoding to that quality, I could easily forget to set
> the default quality back to high again, is there no direct way to force
> a one-off transcoding of to a specific quality?

I think you can actually change the recording group of the recording,
so that when you transcode it it will use the transcode profile
associated with that group. Not sure how easy that is to do in
mythfrontend, but it should be possible (and may be a good idea to do
anyway, since it will help organize the recordings by file format)