[mythtv-users] How to force a transcode?

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 19:47:24 UTC 2006

I've got myth up an running nicely, with twin DVB-T tuners, I'm not
transcoding to a lower quality immediately after recording, the
commercial detection jobs run ok, I can view and edit the cutlist, and I
can start the transcode jobto make the cuts take effect, so far so good.

Sometimes I decide I would like to hang onto a recording, so I cancel
the auto-expire, I assume there is some way to force a transcode to a
lower quality codec to save disk space, I've had a look in the wiki and
mailing list archives but no joy, I get the feeling this is to to with
RecordingGroups or PlaybackGroups but those concepts seem a little vague
within the frontend, have I messad an obvious way to do this?

Thanks ...