[mythtv-users] Strange...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Tue Apr 11 18:54:02 UTC 2006

In a previous note I noted that I had MythTV working, then stopped it
and at that point it wouldnt run properly,- If I punched the 'Watch TV'
button it just blinked.  Then after being out of town for a week I came
back and everything worked.

Well, ditto, on a much shorter scale this AM.
Everything was working (from above), I wanted to run AZAP to see what
it had to say about signal strengths for my three TV cards.  I did the
experiment, restarted MythTV, and had the same bad behaviour when
I select 'Watch TV',- just blink.  There are complaints in the mythfrontend
log about not being able to start on a channel that in fact exist, and trying
on channels that are not set in mythtv-setup...

Then, after about an hour, magically, it started working again.
There had been no mythfilldatabase, no program recorded, nothing that
I can see that would have changed the status of the database.

Strange.

As I noted once before, things like this make be really hesitant to trust
MythTV to record things for me in the long term.  Whatever is happening
could happen at any time.  I dont have power failures here, but what if...

There just seem to be some loose bits in the machinery...

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com