[mythtv-users] Progam schedule and recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 11 14:49:07 UTC 2006

On 04/11/2006 06:11 AM, Simon Meelich wrote:
> first of all, I'm new to the list and to MythTV, so take it easy on
> me... :) MythTVis working pretty good for me and I already love it.
> However I do have a problem, which could not figure out so far and I was
> hoping somebody out there could help me.
>
> For some reason, I get the wrong program guide If I take a look at the
> program guide of a certain channel which I receive on MythTV and compare
> it to TV Guide, I can see that parts of this program guide are taken
> from a different channel e.g. I get the program guide for channel 71.
> It's ok from 6 am to 12 am, but from 12 am to 2am MythTV mixes the
> program guide of channel 7 into the program guide of channel
> 71.....strange, ain't it?
>
> According to my MythTV program guide I scheduled the recording of a
> show, which was was yesterday from 11:00 pm to 1 am. However, this show
> never was aired. There was a different show running, which started
> earlier and went until 11:30 pm and the next show went from 11:30pm to 1
> am. It sucks pretty much if you can't trust the program guide to
> schedule your recordings.
>
> I am using comcast cable in CT.

Sounds like TMS thinks that the channel in question is one of the
"different station at different hours" channels.  Your best bet is to
ask about it on the DataDirect fora ( http://bb.labs.zap2it.com/ ).
There's one specifically for lineup discrepancies.

To verify it's bad data (before posting on the forum), you could install
XMLTV and use "tv_grab_na" to download an XMLTV file to view the data
directly.  If it's still bad data, that means it's definitely a problem
at TMS's level.

Mike