[mythtv-users] Won't repeat scheduled recordings after mythfilldatabase has runned.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 11 14:19:58 UTC 2006

On 04/11/2006 03:46 AM, Christoffer Holm Kjølbæk wrote:
> man, 10 04 2006 kl. 18:40 -0400, skrev Michael T. Dean:
>
>> On 04/10/2006 04:22 PM, Christoffer Holm Kjølbæk wrote:
>>
>>> I have some problems with my MythTV installation. I have a lot of
>>> scheduled recordings, which have the settings "Record every show on this
>>> channel".
>>>
>>> When I set up these, it works find. But only for the current timetable
>>> in the database. It is like mythfilldatabase forgets to check if any of
>>> the new programs have to be recorded.
>>>
>>> Has anyone seens this before? And does anyone have a solution?
>>>
>> Got a log file from a run of mythfilldatabase?
>>
> Where is some errors, but the database is filled just fine.

But the errors are important...

2006-04-11 08:58:19.139 Failed to fetch some program info

Basically, because mfdb detected errors during the download of the data,
it aborted the post-download processing (which includes re-running the
scheduler).  As a crude hack of a workaround, you could force a run of
"mythbackend --resched" after running mfdb.

The right fix is to fix your XMLTV grabber script (or find someone else
who has done so).  However, another "workaround" is to upgrade to SVN
head post r9295 (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/188595#188595 ) or
0.19-fixes post r9665 (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/196461#196461 ).
Those revs contain a patch that allows mfdb to do the post-download
processing even though the errors occurred.

Mike