[mythtv-users] How To make a mpg into something the family DVD player can read

Christian Husemann Christian.Husemann at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 11 12:35:40 UTC 2006

A JM,

basically i use the scripts provided by mythburn but tweaked them to use
mythcommflag and projectx >=0.9x

what i do is:
extraxt cutlist via
mythcommflag   -f /mythtv/${file} --getcutlist|grep Cut|cut -d " "
-f2|sed -e 's:-:\n:g'|sed -e 's:,:\n:g'|sed -e 's:^0::g' > cutlist.txt

looks nasty, but cutlist looks afterwards this way:
  less /the_yard/mythtmp/cutlist.txt

9036
65739
74889
109305
124230
148893
170424

which is a cutpoint at frame 9036 deleting everything until 65739 ... .

My main problem now was to feed this to projectx because regardless of
the header it used option (0) which is not the frame option for cuts.
You can force this with the config file which looks in my case:

# Project-X INI
# ProjectX 0.90.3.01 / 31.01.2006

# Application
Application.Agreement=1
Application.Language=en

# CollectionPanel
CollectionPanel.CutMode=2  <----!!!!

# WindowPosition
WindowPosition.Main.Height=652
WindowPosition.Main.Width=906
WindowPosition.Main.X=50
WindowPosition.Main.Y=50

Now cuting is easy again:

projectx -ini /mythtv/X.ini -cut cutlist.txt -out .  input.file

which produces 2 file 1x video 1x audio

Now multiplexing again:

mplex -o ${outfile}.mpg -f 8 ${input}.*

Done!!