[mythtv-users] mythburn

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Apr 11 04:37:18 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, Jeff Simpson <jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu> wrote:
> I was able to get mythburn to work, but the dvds that it creates don't
> *quite* work.
>
> In gentoo I had to use the cvs copy and the install script, the ebuild
> just wasn't working for me.
>
> The intro menu shows up, and WOW that is impressive! I know it's just
> a pre-recorded myth video, but it looks great!
>
> The menu half-works, but when I select one of the videos, the dvd
> player stops. If I then hit play, the first video will play
> (flawlessly), but there's no way to get to the second video.
>
> I have some information in the log file that may be useful in
> debugging. The video I made was 2 hours in length, 2 one-hour segments
> of video 2.2 gigs each. the script decided to requantize to fit on the
> disc, but the end result is only 3.6gigs. I told it to reencode the
> audio in AC3. I also selected the option to have chapter menus.
>
> here are some cuts from the logfile:
>
> > QSettings: error creating /.qt
>
> I'm assuming that is the result of the script running as user
> "apache", which has no home directory, thus noplace to save
> application settings. Not sure if that's a problem.
>
> > mkdir: cannot create directory `/mnt/store/mythburn/dvd': File exists
>
> I assume that is something that it continutes on and doesn't care
> about, overwriting what's in the directory (since that's what it did).
>
> > ini load error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /mnt/store/mythburn/temp/X.ini (No such file or
> > directory)
>
> I get this everytime I load projectX, so I assume it's not a big deal.
>
> > !> missing syncword @  4032, @ 00:00:00.000
> > !> found syncword @ 4608
>
> Somethng funky in the mpeg? it had this error for both mpegs, but the
> mpegs and resulting VOBs themselves seem fine.
>
> > -> we have 3 warnings/errors.
> > Warning: Cannot convert string "-b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-sans-*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1" to > type FontStruct
>
> Can't find the font? not sure why that is, do I need to have a
> particular font to make it work?
>
> > cat: /mnt/store/mythburn/temp/tempdvdauthor2.xml_1menu: No such file or directory
> > cat: /mnt/store/mythburn/temp/tempdvdauthor2.xml_2menu: No such file or directory
>
> I assume these are the errors to beware of. It looks like the menus
> aren't being created?
>
> I'm going to try a few other options (first creating a dvd without the
> chaper menus) to see if I can get one to work. So far I LOVE it! it
> looks great! I love the idea of using commercial skip points as
> chapters instead of actually cutting them. It lets you skip
> commercials on the dvd just like in myth, but you can still rewind if
> it's not exactly correct. Very minimal effort required to get a
> recording to a dvd.
>
>  - Jeff

More information - turning off the chapter menus made the disc menu
work. The only problem that remains is that the intro screen for each
video has text that is too wide for the screen. I assume that is
because the font isn't correct (there was a warning about that in the
log). What font should I be using and where can I set it? Thanks!

PS - this is AWESOME! I can click movies and hit "go" and find an iso
sitting in the folder to be burned. Great work!

 - Jeff