[mythtv-users] linux / mythtv friendly fanless video card withtv-out?

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 03:53:04 UTC 2006

Eric Waguespack wrote:
> can anyone recommend any?
>
> I have been looking at a "evga e-geforce fx 5200"

Most round here will say an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 is the way to go.

If you want a card with an OS driver an ATI Radeon 9250 might do you,
moderate 3D performance, up to 256MB RAM, no XVMC at the moment but Dave
Airlie is working on it and it my happen any year now, (No update since
the 4th of November 2005 http://airlied.livejournal.com/17114.html ) or
one of S3s Chorme graphics cards which are *not* supported by the
openchrome project at the moment, but probably could be with some
programming muscle.

I started a thread on this very subject a while back which Gossamer in
it's infinite wisdom seems to have lost the threading of, even dropping
some posts.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/165822#165822
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/166272#166272
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/196118#196118