[mythtv-users] Centos 4.3 with both ivtv and bttv cards

JT Justman jt at signless.com
Tue Apr 11 03:09:27 UTC 2006

Hi, everyone!

I'm trying out running my backend on Centos 4.3. Previously I ran it on
KnoppMyth (Debian-wise) but with only the one card (and different hardware
otherwise).

The problem is that I found that (it seems)...
The stock kernel doesn't support bttv, which is required for my WinTV Go
The CentOSPlus unsupported kernel does have bttv, but not yet ivtv, which is
required for my WinTV PVR-250

So I built my own ivtv from that point but then realized that there was no v4l
driver available. I don't miss the days of rolling my own kernels and before I
give in, and go down that road, is there a magic combination of ivtv / bttv
that I can run on kernel 2.6.9-34 without killing CentOS stock compatability
completely?

I build my own RPMS for ClamAV... is that something I should look at to keep
my future upgrade path smooth?

Thanks for any insight...

JT

Backend Hardware:
AMD Duron 600mhz
1gig PC-100 SDRAM
ASUS A7V Motherboard
Intel Gigabit Ethernet card
Sound Blaster Live! Value
1 x 80gb Seagate Barracuda system drive
2 x 80gb Seagate Barracuda video drives (Software RAID-0 array)
Hauppague WinTV-PVR 250 (ivtv based)
Hauppague WinTV-GO (bttv based)
Cheap-brand GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 128mb