[mythtv-users] scheduling not using all three tuners?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 10 21:54:45 UTC 2006

On 04/10/2006 04:00 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> says:
>
>> Ok, I'm clearly not understanding some of your definitions for
>> things(even after reading the soft buffer thread it seems).
>>
> Believe me, Steve, you're not the only one. I mentally tuned out the
> last one (the one referenced this time around) because people kept
> arguing about "pre-roll" and "post-roll," phrases which as far as I
> can tell are *nowhere mentioned in the mythfrontend settings*.

It's a lot easier to type "pre-roll" and "post-roll" than to type "Time
to record before start of show (in seconds)" and "Time to record past
end of show (in seconds)", which are the labels given to the settings in
mythfrontend settings...

The name "pre-roll" comes from the setting's "value" in the database
("RecordPreRoll").  And, although the setting's value for "post-roll" is
"RecordOverTime", using "post-roll" helps to emphasize that it's the
post-recording equivalent of "pre-roll"--I mean "Time to record before
start of show (in seconds)". ;)

Mike