[mythtv-users] Guidance to get Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 350 to work on PAL-N

Julian Cerruti jcerruti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:30:18 UTC 2006

Another piece of information.
I have a friend that reports being able to run the WinTV PVR 350 under
Windows after:
- Installing the drivers and apps. that come on the CD
- Making the following addition/change to the registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hauppauge\hcwPNP\Override]
"VideoFormat"=dword:0000003f

It looks kind of similar to what ivtvctl does when it sets the
standard to PAL (as described below by myself). I wonder if this gives
any hint to anybody on the list about what is going on on my friend's
Windows box and how to reproduce it under Linux

Thanks,
Julian.