[mythtv-users] Plextor USB PX-TV402U tuner setting

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 10 21:11:28 UTC 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 2:55 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

> I have installed mythtv for the severalth time, and finally got Live
> TV to work with the Plextor.  However, a couple of oddities occur, and
> they might be a clue, so I am goiing to ask on this list what the
> symptoms might signify:
>
>    1. Mythtv maybe didn't allow me to watch TV until I had run the
> gorecord utility that comes
>        with the drivers.  Maybe, but I cannot check because the system
> is bodged again.
>
>     2. I could only watch one channel.  Oddly, I can only watch the
> channel that was set by                       gorecord earlier.
>
>      3.  I can change channels now by stopping to Watch TV in mythtv,
> not stopping the frontend, running gorecord on a certain channel.
> Then click "Watch TV" and the new channel appears, and won't change.
>
> Does this suggest anything?

Sounds like some of the setup default setup parameters were not
allowing you to watch TV 'till gorecord sets them up properly, like
Myth expects MPEG4, NTSC etc. This one doesn't surprise me too much,
I think I had to do that as well.

As for changing channels, have you checked that the tuner control
module got loaded (I forget the exact name but it includes "sony").
Also make sure you have the proper source with the proper channel map
etc., just like any other capture card. This does surprise me, never
had problems of that sort.

The Plextors worked fine for me when I was using them (I quit because
I need all MPEG-2)

There is a new driver source out for use with 2.6.16 kernels, but I
think that has to do with compilation issues, if your modules load OK
I think you are good to go.