[mythtv-users] Recording schedule going crazy

Sean Aldrich sean at seanzone.com
Mon Apr 10 20:47:33 UTC 2006

I'm new to this list, but have some some searches of the recent archives
and have not come up with any hits of this issue.

I have been running MythTV since about the time 0.18.1 was released.  It
took quite some time, but I got everything working great.

When 0.19 was released, I took the opportunity to upgrade the hardware.
I installed FC4 on a Dell GX240, following the recommended online How-To
for MythTV.  I restored the mythconverg database onto the new machine so
as to retain my list of previously recorded shows.  Everything appeared
to work correctly once I got LIRC straightened out.

1) After a couple of days I realized that he channel lineup was wrong.
It was off by one channel.  I was able to fix it by re-loading the
channel lineup from DataDirect.

2) That appeared to work, until I noticed that nothing was recording.
It seems that I had inadvertently overwritten the channel names with
"channel x".  That was fixed when I used the argument to have
mythfilldatabase insert the channel names, but I ended re-programming
all of my recordings in the process of trying to figure it out.

3) Daylight savings time hit.  I discovered that I had set the machine
to a non-US Eastern time zone that doesn't observe DST and that my
recordings were off by an hour.  I fixed the timezone setting.  (PS...
the backend did some funny things when the timezone changed, but seemed
fine after I restarted it.)

4) This is my current problem.  I'm now having trouble with my recording
settings.  Shows that i have programed to record will sometimes
disappear from the list for no known reason.  I've also had some shows
get recorded or show up in the "upcoming recordings" screen that are not
on the list in the priorities screen (and were never set to record).  In
addition, I have had issues where the recording will show in the
priorities screen, but say "(0 of 0)" to indicate that there are no
shows in the next two weeks.  When I go into the options and schedule
info to show the "upcoming episodes" they are there, but not marked as
being recorded.  I found that if I change the type of recording from
"record at any time on this channel" to "record at any time on any
channel" and then back again, the episodes get recognized.  (Yes, I
verified that the channel was the same.)  The crazy thing is that this
has happened more than once with some of the shows.

I suspect that my scheduling problems (#4) started after using MythWeb
to modify the schedule, but I can't really confirm that.

Does anyone have any idea how I can stabilize this?  Is there a nice way
I can wipe my recording schedule without wiping the list of previously
recorded episodes?

Any help is appreciated.  I don't mind messing around with it, but the
wife is getting frustrated. :)