[mythtv-users] Stuttering FE

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 10 18:56:24 UTC 2006

On 04/10/2006 11:38 AM, James Oltman wrote:

>     problems with your video driver (nVidia 8178 using vsync?).
>

> I am using 8178 but I haven't done anything with VSYNC in my xorg.conf.

8178 has a bug which causes 100% CPU utilization when using OpenGL vsync
(and Myth is one of the few programs that does use OpenGL vsync).  You
need to disable OpenGL vsync in Myth, not in your X configuration file.

Either downgrade to NVIDIA driver version 7676 (known working) or
upgrade to 8756 (some have reported it works).  Or, at least disable
OpenGL vsync in frontend settings on the "General playback" page with
the setting:

Enable OpenGL vertical sync for timing
If it is supported by your hardware/drivers, MythTV will use OpenGL
vertical syncing for video timing, reducing frame jitter.

Mike