[mythtv-users] Guidance to get Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 350 to work on PAL-N

Julian Cerruti jcerruti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:16:36 UTC 2006

Hello mythtv-users,

I'm trying to get a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 350 to work under KnoppMyth
using PAL-N standard and would appreciate any guidance, pointers or
tips on how to do this.

In particular, I'm a little bit confused about which options should be
set where and how to test a given step of the config is working
properly.

I've noticed that ivtv and associated drivers (tuner, tveeprom, etc.)
have options that appear to be related to this configuration (i.e.:
tuner=47 or type=5 or ivtv_std=2) but had no luck with the multiple
configuration values I tried.

Also, there are some configuration values in mythtv-setup (in the
channel editor, for example) that appear to be related. Of course I
tried setting them to PAL-N with no result.

Finally, I noticed that .xawtv has some options related to tv standard
and frequency table that appear to be affecting what mythtv shows.

In short, I would greatly appreciate any orientation, pointer or
information that can help me understand what I should do to get my
WinTV-PVR 350 to tune PAL-N

Thanks,
Julian.