[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Apr 10 15:46:23 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 4/10/06, David Asher <david.asher at caviumnetworks.com> wrote:
>
>> my bad.  please ignore me.
>>
>> for some reason even though i installed the 8756-kmdl,  Xorg was still
>> running 8178.
>>
>> w/8756 OpenGLVsync IS fixed on my 5200-based card.
>>
>> David.
>>

> good news. time to recompile MythTV with OpenGL Vsync support.
> Questioning whether I should try and run XvMC now too, or not...

If you can live without Bob deint (i.e. you don't mind the deint
artifacts or you run an
interlaced modeline) then it works perfectly for me in SD and HD.

However, if you enable Bob then all bets are off. I get all kinds of
problems with Bob
enabled.

I currently run XvMC for SD and HD on a progressive scan LCD TV and I'm very
happy with it. I'd prefer to have Bob work correctly, but I can live
with the artifacts
in trade for the reduced CPU utilization. My 2.93ghz Celeron D won't
play back
1080i without XvMC anyway.

--
Jesse Guardiani