[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 15:42:04 UTC 2006

On 4/8/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Noticing a "fix" for interlaced modes, something I couldn't get
> working previously, I gave this version a shot. Lo and behold! I am
> now viewing MythTV in 1080i without flicker!
>
> Steve

I have a 6600 with component out to 1080i and have had an issue with
interlaced modes but it doesn't seem to be fixed the new driver.   (Steven,
if I remember correctly from a previous thread, you are using a 6200 with
component out).  My issue is that I can see an interlacing line near the top
of the screen when the show has movement or switches scenes.  If there is a
lot of movement like (like moving water), I might see several lines.  No
problem on a static picture without a lot of movement near the top of the
screen.   Is this the same as "flicker" problem that you referred to?  If
so, what are your xorg, nvidia, and mythtv playback settings, because I
would love to get rid of this annoyance in the interlacing.  I am getting
close to giving up on the 6600 and buying myself a VGA to component
transcoder.

I use:
3.2Ghz P4
In mythtv: