[mythtv-users] Viewing mythfrontend in a 2nd window

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 13:05:48 UTC 2006

Sometimes I want to fiddle and experiment with some settings for
MythTV (isn't fiddling even more fun than actually using it!) but my
family's watching mythfrontend. So I start up a vncserver session like
this:

$ vncserver :1

and when I'm done I kill it like this:

$ vncserver -kill :1

BUT - if someone starts using the remote on the "real" mythfrontend on
display :0 which they're watching then my screens (which I'm viewing
over TightVNC) get affected as well. is there a way to run
mythfrontend on my display :1 so that the remote control won't affect
it?

Regards,
Phill