[mythtv-users] A couple of newbie question, auto commercial removing and Myth Music visualization requiring FFT library

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Mon Apr 10 12:29:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:24:58 -0500
Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:

> B Walker wrote:
> > I'm running Gentoo 2.6 kernel, MythTV 0.19 on a 3ghz P4 HT
> > processor, 512mb ram (yeah, need more) 350GB HD and PVR-150 card.
> >
> > Most of everything works awesome..
> >
> > The docs seem to indicate that if you have scheduled jobs set to
> > auto commercial flag, auto transcoding them would remove the
> > commercials.  That doesn't seem to be the case, at least for me.
> > The commflag works great, but the auto transcoding of recorded
> > shows does nothing (I've got it set at lossless, so I guess it just
> > copies the file essentially).
> As Chris mentioned, please link to the documentation where you found
> this as it is wrong.

Note the 'seems to indicate' part of my message.

The first paragraph indicates transcoding can be used to remove commercials (now with the responses here, that should be true).  In this particular section it also talks about automatically transcoding recordings.  It seems vaguely worded to my thinking, which is why I posted here.

I seem to be having some luck in removing commercials via manually loading the cutlist.

Thanks!

--
... I don't like FRANK SINATRA or his CHILDREN.