[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 10:28:16 UTC 2006

On 4/8/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/7/06, Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:
> > Greg Grotsky wrote:
> > > I'm trying it now...
> >
> > I am already using it.
> >
> > The most important bit for me is the
> >         Option "ModeValidation" "NoMaxPClkCheck"
> > which allows me to use my old [GeForce FX 5600XT] in wide
> > 1920x1200 at 60 mode. It has a 140MHz limit in the driver which
> > I can now override.
> >
> > Also, it does build on 2.6.16 without patching which I needed
> > for the new RAID features.
>

> Noticing a "fix" for interlaced modes, something I couldn't get
> working previously, I gave this version a shot. Lo and behold! I am
> now viewing MythTV in 1080i without flicker!

Am using it now and can confirm that interlaced modes are working
again. Having been stuck on driver version 6106 for what seems like
eternity i've finally been able to upgrade.

Working fine outputting a legal PAL interlaced signal to a VGA ->
SCART converter.

Not seeing any problems with this release yet, even OpenGL vsync has
started working again.

Steve