[mythtv-users] How To make a mpg into something the family DVD player can read

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Mon Apr 10 08:53:16 UTC 2006

Nick Rout wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:33:53 +1200
>Nick Rout wrote:
>

>>If you don't mind the command line, any2dvd will do the trick.
>>
>>http://sourceforge.net/projects/any2dvd/
>>

>oh and I just noticed an interesting option:
>
>--skip_comm=[yes|no]                    Skip commercials for MythTV recorded video              (Default: No)

Just downloaded this.  One thing I can never figure out is - how are
people supposed to know what it requires to work? Documentation?

I just tried it, and it bombs out saying

 Error: Program 'ecasound' is missing, please install it first ->
http://eca.cx/

        Install with patch from here for 5.1 surround audio encodings ->

http://mightylegends.zapto.org/dvd/ebuilds/media-libs/a52dec/files/multi_wav-0.7.4.diff

                *Instructions*
                tar -xvzf a52dec-0.7.4.tar.gz
                cd a52dec-0.7.4
                patch -p1 < ../multi_wav-0.7.4.diff
                ./configure
                make
                make install

Not only does it have other requirements to run, they need special
patches.

Ugly.  It's a pity, because it looked promising...