[mythtv-users] OT: Is playing DVD's on Linux legal in the US yet?

Dave Hofstra dhofstra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 02:02:00 UTC 2006

I actually do not use this (so dont flame me) but if you are truly worried
about legalities, this (may) be a solution:

(flame retardant suit is fully donned)

Anyway I was reading a slashdot article yesterday, and one of the posts
reminded me that Linspire has legal DVD playback capability in Linux
somehow.  I am not sure exactly how, but here is a link.

http://www.linspire.com/lindows_products_details.php?product_id=11804

Sheesh, never thought I'd have to write about Linspire to this list, now my
credibility is complete crap...  heres to hoping that this thread expires
quickly... LOL

Dave Hofstra